Cookies - a quick summary
The digdat site uses 1st party functional cookies (once you've logged on) and 3rd party analytics cookies (throughout the site). The functional cookies are essential for the site to work. Analytics cookies are optional and we provide you with the choice to either consent or opt out of the use of them when you visit the site. For further information on cookie use see section 2.0 below.
- Any personal information you provide via this site is used by digdat (a trading name of Anglian Water Services Ltd) for the purposes stated on the page where the information is collected (eg for contacting us, or for requesting further information).
- Personal information is also used by digdat to analyse and report on use of the digdat service.
- From time-to-time digdat may wish to contact you about relevant products, services and offers only.
- Personal information will not be disclosed to any other third parties without your express permission.
- Information sent via the digdat contact form(http://www.digdat.co.uk/about) is not encrypted, and is sent at your own risk. Due to the nature of the Internet, it could be intercepted by third parties or delivered in error to parties other than the addressee.
- This site contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are moving onto another site. digdat encourages you to read the privacy policies of these linked sites, as they may differ from the digdat policy.
- This website uses functional and analytics cookies to store information on a specific computer or device. A cookie is a text-only string of information which a website downloads to your computer or device and typically contains the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the lifetime of the cookie and a value (usually a randomly-generated number).
- Cookies allow us to recognise users and facilitate faster and easier interaction between you and the website. Some cookies are essential to make our site work and others are set by our analytics systems. This site uses functional and analytics cookies as outlined below.
Types of cookie on this site
- Functional cookies: These are first-party session cookies, set by us, that allow the site to link the actions of a visitor during a single browser session. As our site will not work without these cookies, please ensure that session cookies are enabled in your browser (see section on Managing cookies below).
- Analytics cookies: These are third-party cookies, which are set by Google Analytics on our site. They enable us to analyse how you use this site so we can improve its content and the promotion of the site. Although we also consider this an important part of our service to you, we give you the chance to consent to receiving these cookies when you visit our site.
- Session cookies and persistent cookies: Both functional and analytics cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies (see table below). Session cookies are not stored long-term and are not considered to be intrusive. Persistent cookies store a text file on your computer or device until, either it expires, or you delete any cookie files.
Cookies and your privacy
- Analytics cookies are used to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. This means that no personally identifiable information is collected about you unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on this site. The information (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google and used to compile aggregated statistical reports on website activity for this website only. Although your IP address is included in the information, this is used only to determine geographic location of visits. It is not linked to the identity of a computer or device.
- Functional cookies do not collect personally identifiable information from your computer.
2.5 Summary of cookies used on this website
||FUNCTIONAL OR ANALYTICS
||1st party session cookie
||These cookies are essential to retain user settings through the transaction process
3rd party persistent cookie - immediate expiry
3rd party persistent cookie – 30 minute expiry
3rd party session cookie
3rd party persistent cookie - 6 months expiry
3rd party cookie session cookie
||These cookies are used to collect standard Internet log and website visitor information in an anonymous form. This information is used to improve the site and its promotion.
- All recent versions of popular browsers give users a level of control over cookies. For more information about controlling cookies in individual browsers, see aboutcookies.org “How to control cookies”. For more information about deleting cookies in individual browsers, see aboutcookies.org “How to delete cookies”. Please note that disabling session cookies will result in the loss of some useful functionality of this website.
- All company, product or service names referenced in this website are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Ordnance Survey Copyright
- Ordnance Survey digital map data is protected by Crown copyright and remains the property of Ordnance Survey. Any other use of the map is not permitted.
Version 1.0 © 2017 digdat